£22,000 plus £2,000 joining bonus
7 Weeks of paid Holidays
38 hours per week
Visa sponsorship available
Les Petites Etoiles and Bilingual Nurseries are private bilingual nurseries located in Paddington (W2), Angel (N1), West Hampstead (NW2), Tufnell Park (N7) and Crouch End (N4)
We are looking for fluent Mandarin speakers interested in the early years education sector to join our team.
We have excellent training opportunities, working with our experienced and Outstanding staff team.
Each nursery offers excellent teacher ratios and care. We admit children to Les Petites Etoiles from the age of 10 months until they are 4 years old.
We provide a morning snack, lunch and afternoon tea which are all balanced, nutritious, and prepared using fully organic ingredients. We are pleased to offer free lunches to our staff as well.
The quality of our nurseries depends on the quality of our staff. We strive for our nurseries to achieve the highest quality and professionalism. Our staff and their well-being are hugely important to us.
You will be required to study for an Early Years qualification recognised by OFSTED in order to learn the EYFS.
The chosen candidate will be the Mandarin teacher for our children who are aged 6 months to 2.5 years old - the ideal age for children to learn new languages.
Mandarin teachers have the honour to be responsible for teaching Mandarin through play and activities to the children. We do not have “language lessons”, instead the children learn through participating in activities, and also in day-to-day interactions.
We ask that you only ever use Mandarin when speaking to the children.
To be able to be an effective Mandarin teacher, you will have important administrative duties too.
- Assisting children in their daily routine
- Organising and preparing activities and materials.
- Assisting with settling in new children following the Settling in Policy and guidelines contained in our Policies.
- Taking the children through the classroom materials
- Having responsibility for recording relevant information in relation to the children's progress
- Written observations for the children
- Weekly individual diaries for the parents
- Reports for the parents twice a year (typed)
- Organising and preparing art activities for the younger children as appropriate and as may be requested by the Manager.
- Understanding children
- Great people skills including the ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Competent IT skills (Word, email)
- Confidence to put into practice what you know
- Openness to be told/learn how to improve
- Empathy and patience for children who are not yet speaking, or are struggling to do something
- Great listening skills
- Problem-solving & a positive can-do attitude
- Resilient (strong) yet also caring and great empathy
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Able to be self-reflective to improve constantly
We will provide training and support to help everyone who works in our team, to help them and us constantly improve in quality. Your first week with us will be staff training, and we will also invest in your long-term training.
Les Petites Etoiles and Bilingual nurseries is dedicated to taking every possible step to ensure the highest levels of child protection and safeguarding.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service as well as a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in prior to the UK and within the last 5 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.