Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 plus £2,000 joining bonus
Holiday: 7 weeks paid holiday
Hours: 38 per week
English Speaking Role (No knowledge of French is required)
Montessori Preschool classroom
A wonderful opportunity to join our Outstanding, Montessori accredited nursery in Islington, North London.
Mars Montessori is a private bilingual nursery with 26 children from 2 to 4 years old. Mars offers excellent teacher ratios and care.
We provide a morning snack, lunch and afternoon tea which are all balanced, nutritious, and prepared using fully organic ingredients. We are pleased to offer free lunches to our staff as well.
The quality of our nurseries depends on the quality of our staff. We strive for our nurseries to achieve the highest quality and professionalism. Our staff and their well-being are hugely important to us.
- Level 4 and above qualification recognised by Ofsted.
The chosen candidate will be the room leader of the Montessori preschool room and will be responsible for caring for the children, supervising them in their daily activities, and organising and preparing activities and materials.
Assisting with settling in new children following the settling in policy and guidelines contained within our policies.
- Planning for your key children
- Responsibility for recording relevant information in relation to your assigned key children's progress.
- Planning for your key children
- Weekly individual diaries for the parents for their key children (Online system)
- Individual Learning Plans for your key children
- Reports for the parents twice a year and a 2-year-old assessment reports
- Supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing art activities for the younger children as appropriate and as may be requested by the Manager.
- Expert knowledge of Montessori pedagogy
- Understanding children
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Great people skills including the ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Competent IT skills (Word, email)
- Confidence to put into practice what you know
- Openness to be told/learn how to improve
- Empathy and patience for children who are not yet speaking or are struggling to do something
- Great listening skills
- Problem-solving & a positive can-do attitude
- Resilient (strong) yet also caring and great empathy
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Able to be self-reflective to improve constantly
- 1-2 years of experience as a room leader in a Montessori setting
- Knowledge of Ofsted requirements
- Health & Safety and safeguarding practices
We will provide training and support to help everyone who works in our team, to help them and us constantly improve in quality. Your first week with us will be staff training, and we will also invest in your long-term training.
Les Petites Etoiles is dedicated to taking every possible step to ensure the highest levels of child protection and safeguarding.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service as well as a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in prior to the UK and within the last 5 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.