Nursery Kitchen Assistant
Les Petites Etoiles – Tufnell Park
Salary: £11.05 per hour
Hours: 15 per week - 10:30 to 13:30
Holiday: Up to 6 weeks of paid holiday (pro-rata)
Les Petites Etoiles is a private bilingual nursery which offers excellent teacher ratios and care. We admit children to Les Petites Etoiles from ten months until they are four years old.
A lovely opportunity has arisen to join the team in Tufnell Park, supporting our nursery cook. You will keep the kitchen organised ensuring the preparation of organic snacks and meals for 60 children and 23 staff at the nursery runs smoothly.
- Helping order, store, and label food
- Washing up
- Basic food prep as required adhering to allergen guidelines
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen to ensure a safe working environment following Food Standard Agency/ Environmental Health guidelines
- Helping to serve meals and snacks
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience with children
- Experience in preparing meals
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate or above (we can provide training if not)
- Food Allergen Awareness (training will be provided)
- Sick pay
- High-quality training, including eight paid inset days per year.
- Termly Prizes
- Trip after ten years
- Help for Bike Purchase
- Well-being program
- Free independent counselling service
- Free lunches
Our staff and their well-being are hugely important to us. We provide a supportive environment to ensure everyone thrives and reaches their potential.
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service and a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in before the UK and within the last five years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.