Up to 7 Weeks of paid Holiday
38 hours per week
Visa sponsorship available
Les Petites Etoiles Crouch Hill is a high-quality French, English and Mandarin bilingual nursery in Crouch Hill (N4), providing spacious, bright classrooms for children to learn, grow and play.
The nursery has a large playground which provides a great sensory space for children to explore and develop. Children's development and curiosity about the outside world are further developed by staff arranging outings to local parks and amenities.
We are looking for fluent Mandarin speakers interested in the early years education sector to join our team. Although you do not need to be qualified, you will be required to study for an Early Years qualification recognised by OFSTED to learn the EYFS.
The chosen candidate will be the Mandarin teacher for our children aged six months to 2.5 years old - the ideal age for children to learn new languages.
Mandarin teachers have the honour of being responsible for teaching Mandarin through play and activities to the children. We do not have “language lessons”; instead, the children learn through participating in activities and also in day-to-day interactions.
We ask that you only ever use Mandarin when speaking to the children.
To be able to be an effective Mandarin teacher, you will have important administrative duties too:
- Supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing activities and materials
- Supporting independence and personal health and self-care.
- Encouraging Mandarin through play experiences, song and circle times.
- Recording relevant information about the children's progress
- Written observations for the children
- Weekly individual diaries for the parents
- Understanding children
- Great people skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Competent IT skills
- Confidence to put into practice what you know
- Great listening skills
- Problem-solving & a positive can-do attitude
- Resilient, caring and great empathy
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to be self-reflective
We will provide training and support to help everyone who works in our team.
Les Petites Etoiles and Bilingual nurseries are dedicated to taking every possible step to ensure the highest levels of child protection and safeguarding.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service and a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in before the UK and within the last 5 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.