Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Holiday: 7 weeks paid holiday
Hours: 38 per week
English Speaking Role (No knowledge of French is required)
Montessori Preschool classroom
A wonderful opportunity to join our Outstanding, Montessori accredited nursery in Tufnell Park, North London.
Les Petites Etoiles Tufnell Park is a high-quality French & English bilingual nursery providing spacious, bright classrooms which have recently undergone renovation to a high standard providing a stimulating space for both children and staff.
The nursery has a large playground which provides a great sensory space for children to explore and develop. Children's development and curiosity about the outside world are further developed by staff arranging outings to local parks and amenities.
The quality of our nurseries depends on the quality of our staff. We strive for our nurseries to achieve the highest quality and professionalism. Our staff and their well-being are hugely important to us.
- Montessori teacher who hold EYFS knowledge.
The chosen candidate will be the room leader of the Montessori preschool room and will be responsible for caring for the children, supervising them in their daily activities, and organising and preparing activities and materials.
Assisting with settling in new children following the settling in policy and guidelines contained within our policies.
- Responsibility of running the room to a high standard alongside your team members.
- Planning for your key children
- Responsibility for recording relevant information in relation to your assigned key children's progress.
- Weekly individual diaries for the parents for their key children (Online system)
- Individual Learning Plans for your key children
- Reports for the parents twice a year and a 2-year-old assessment reports
- Supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing art activities for the younger children as appropriate and as may be requested by the Manager.
- Expert knowledge of Montessori pedagogy
- Understanding children
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Great people skills including the ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Competent IT skills (Word, email)
- Confidence to put into practice what you know
- Openness to be told/learn how to improve
- Great listening skills
- Problem-solving & a positive can-do attitude
- Resilient (strong) yet also caring and great empathy
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Able to be self-reflective to improve constantly
- 1-2 years of experience as a Montessori teacher in Montessori setting
- Knowledge of Ofsted requirements
- Health & Safety and safeguarding practices
We will provide training and support to help everyone who works in our team, to help them and us constantly improve in quality. Your first week with us will be staff training, and we will also invest in your long-term training.
- Sick pay
- Termly prizes
- Trip after 10 years
- Help for bike purchase
- Well-being program
- Free independent counselling service
- Free lunches (our food is homemade, organic and delicious!)
- Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service and a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in before the UK and within the last 5 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.