Hours: 38 per week 8 am - 4:30 pm
Holiday: 5 weeks of paid holiday
2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks end of August and 1 week in April
Les Trois Oursons is a private bilingual nursery which offers excellent teacher ratios and care. We admit children to the nursery from six months until four years.
As the Chef, you will be solely responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen. This will include the preparation of an entirely organic set menu plan (provided by the school) which consists of a morning snack (chopped fruit), preparation of lunch for 45 children and 25 staff and an afternoon snack (varying from smoothies to sandwiches).
Ideally, you will have the following:
- Experience preparing food for large numbers of children and or adults.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate or above (we can provide training if not)
- Food Allergen Awareness (training will be provided)
- Maintaining high hygiene standards to ensure a safe working environment following Food Standard Agency/ Environmental Health guidelines.
- Prepare a balanced rotating menu considering the children's dietary and cultural requirements.
- Maintaining necessary kitchen procedures and records.
- Liaise with the nursery Manager on the ordering of necessary kitchen equipment.
- To undertake any other reasonable catering duties as requested by the Nursery Manager.
- Ensure all crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils are washed following food safety guidelines.
- Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and correctly served.
- To implement and maintain the company’s equal opportunities policy, ensuring that children, parents and the staff team are valued, and practice is positive and non-discriminatory
- Sick pay
- Trip after ten years
- Help for bike purchase
- Well-being program
- Free independent counselling service
- Free lunches
Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
We are responsible for promoting the welfare of all children and young people, keeping them safe and practising in a way that protects them.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service and a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in before the UK and within the last five years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
About Bilingual Nurseries
Bilingual Nurseries & Les Petites Etoiles
Loading application form