Les Petites Etoiles - West Hampstead
Holiday: 7 weeks paid holiday
Hours: 38 per week
English Speaking Role (No knowledge of French is required)
Montessori Toddler Classroom
An excellent opportunity to join our Montessori-accredited nursery in West Hampstead, London.
Les Petites Etoiles is a private bilingual nursery with children from 6 months to 4 years old, offering excellent teacher ratios and care.
The quality of our nurseries depends on the quality of our staff. We strive for our nurseries to achieve the highest quality and professionalism. Our staff and their well-being are hugely important to us.
The chosen candidate will be the room leader of the Montessori toddler room and will be responsible for caring for the children, supervising them in their daily activities, and organising and preparing activities and materials.
- Assisting with settling in new children
- Responsibility for recording relevant information about your assigned key children's progress.
- Planning for your key children
- Weekly individual diaries for the parents of their key children (Online system)
- Individual Learning Plans for your key children
- Reports for the parents twice a year and a 2-year-old assessment reports
- 1-2 years of experience as a room leader in a Montessori setting
- Knowledge of Ofsted requirements
- Health & Safety and safeguarding practices
- Expert knowledge of Montessori pedagogy
- Understanding children
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Great people skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with parents
- Competent IT skills.
- Confidence to put into practice what you know
- Openness to be told/learn how to improve
- Empathy and patience for children who are not yet speaking or are struggling to do something
- Great listening skills
- Problem-solving & a positive can-do attitude
- A resilient (strong) yet also caring and great empathy
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Able to be self-reflective to improve constantly
We will provide training and support to help everyone who works in our team, to help them and us constantly improve in quality. Your first week with us will be staff training, and we will also invest in your long-term training.
Children and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
All references will be thoroughly checked, and we will apply for a DBS update service as well as a DBS equivalent from any country the applicant was in prior to the UK and within the last 5 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to age, gender reassignment, being married or in a civil partnership, being pregnant or on maternity leave, disability, race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Job role
- Room Leaders & Senior Practionners
- West Hampstead
About Bilingual Nurseries
Bilingual Nurseries & Les Petites Etoiles
Loading application form